Thursday, October 4, 2012

Go West, Young Man! 7 days and counting :)

                                                        An entire country in front of us

"Exactly how many times have you camped?" he asked hesitantly.  

The question was one of those unexpected knife in the gut moments, when you are reminded of a former existence you shared with a family - who now lives in a parallel universe due to a nasty divorce.  

But then again - is there any other kind?

I had to think about it for awhile. "Dozen times on the Parkway?" I offer with arched eyebrows and goofy smile (don't cry; keep those teardrops inside)

As we started to make our lists and itineraries, I realized what could potentially lay ahead: all of the strife, the beauty and wonder.  Nothing will be the same at the end of our 6000 mile cross-country journey.

The Chinese symbol for the word CRISIS is actually two symbols: Danger and Opportunity.

Words shape your reality~





1 comment:

  1. Excellent start to what will no doubt be a wonderful trip! I will live vicariously through your adventures! BTW... I'm pretty much a camping pro... well, not really, but I've done it a lot! XD

    ReplyDelete