Thursday, October 11, 2012

my muse (amused)

"Just pretend like you are going to a gas station, only it's 3000 miles away."

Another social media mash-up, although this has been an inspirational one.

"I'm not worried about the journey; I have traveled by car across the country on many occasions."

I have strong family ties in Idaho and a yearning for travel. I had to think about that for awhile and of course make a detailed list. Here goes:

1. 1967 - driving cross country with my family in a VW Beetle to visit mom's large family in Idaho. (OK - I was only two, but these adventures leave an imprint.)
2. 1979 - I travel with my cousin and Aunt by plane to the other aunt and cousins (so it doesn't really count, because we weren't on highways :)
3. 1982 - Mission trip with Providence Baptist Church to the Navajo Rez - Pitched military style tents, camped and dug our own latrines - yo!
4. 1985 - Our family of four drives a Chevy Chevette out west to visit the Idaho family. (Note: there are no vintage Chevettes on the road. Worst. Car. Ever.)
5. 1996 - Flew out with my cousins to meet cousins
6. 2007 - Four children, one chihuahua and a future ex-husband drove to meet Idaho cousins.

I sigh and shrug it off - "I am all over this," I tell my Euro pen pal with assurance.

"You and your colloquialisms."

No comments:

Post a Comment